Monday, May 17, 2010

This being my first article written (since god knows how long), I dedicate this to a personal someone whom - I just moments ago - trespassed against.

Sometimes, words once spoken cannot be retrieved; a mirror once cracked, will never reflect images beautifully regardless of however hard you try to mend it.

In my moment of being myself, ridiculing everything/anything I could flush out of my mouth and desecrating everything sacred; I had unwittingly unleashed pieces of information that were not mine to release - and (more importantly) under strict instructions (from the owner) not to disclose.

The result of the action caused major discomfort to the owner, and I comprehend that I have seriously erred against him.

Forgiveness is a separate matter from assistance. A person may forgive another without requesting assistance to resolve the injustice inflicted on him; and a person can also be assisted in resolving the injustice committed without forgiving the offender.

Regardless to the out come, I wish to make amends through my assistance, if the victim deems me to be undeserving of forgiveness - I can understand.

We poets have a quintessential need for pain; the modern man does not.

I only ask to let me lessen the pain inflicted.

I am sorry.


Sincerely
The Modern Day Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment